Wednesday 8 May 2024

Open Studio Notts 2024

 Very much an experiment for me was signing up for the Open Studio Notts (Click Here) 2024. 


This is an imagined landscape influenced by a motorbike ‘adventure’ in South Africa.

The South African veld and farmlands evoke something in me. The vistas and the wide-open spaces dotted with those iconic wind pumps which drag borehole water from deep in the ground and pipe it into corrugated tanks for irrigation and drinking.


A painting on the wall of a friend spurred me to have a go at painting something similar - two women. I think of them as Russian (don’t know why) and have called the painting Svetlana and Oksana.

\

This is Natassia and Anastasia. 

Here is an attempt at painting my MotoMates on a motorbike ‘adventure’ to South Africa and Namibia (see www.motofile.blogspot.com) or just click here








No comments:

Post a Comment

Open Studio Notts 2024

  Very much an experiment for me was signing up for the Open Studio Notts  (Click Here ) 2024.  This is an imagined landscape influenced by ...